Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate and driven Service Technician professional to join our Global and Growing organization in UK Anaergia office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity to be part of our growing operations in UK. Join us!
This is a site-based role, involving the servicing and maintenance of Anaerobic Digestion Facilities, constructed by, or on behalf of Anaergia Ltd.
This is a ‘hands on’ role, however, the job holder will be expected to carry out, to a high standard, certain administrative tasks (details below).
The job holder will be working as part of a Service/ Maintenance team, ensuring all service task are attended to within the dates agreed. The job holder may at times be required to attend sites as a lone worker when issues arise. They will also be part of a response team and will be required on occasion to work out of hours to resolve client issues.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Service Technician responsibilities include:
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Actively promote the company’s HSEQ policies and strategy at all times. Maintaining and following SSOW systems while carrying out specific maintenance tasks in accordance with company procedures, towards the goals of “zero injuries”, “zero defects” and “100% compliance”.
- Ensure all works are carried out to the RAMS provided and all aspects of the works understood
- Ensure incidents are recorded and reported to the SM, that immediate action is taken to prevent re-occurrence and that subsequently appropriate investigation is undertaken and learning embedded.
- Foster and maintain a climate of openness, collaboration, best practice, and continuous improvement with respect to servicing and maintaining the plant to client satisfaction. Share best practice with SM/Ser M and other Anaergia Site Managers.
- Provide information and assist the SM/SerM with the weekly and monthly reporting of general progress against planned programme.
- Ensure a comprehensive and accurate daily diary record of all service and maintenance activities
- Document and file appropriately, both as a hard copy and electronically, all materials used, and service and maintenance carried out on equipment. Be able to produce the documentation on demand
- Assist the ordering of spare or additional equipment parts with the SerM. Manage the reception of these deliveries, ensuring checking off for quantities and defects and ensuring correct offloading and storage.
- Ensure all works are carried out to BPO (Best Practice Operation) and strive for continuous improvement. This is required, along with a RFT (Right First Time) approach to achieve a ‘zero defects’ target in all works.
- Drive / Assist the Service/Maintenance program
- Respond to out of hours faults, by attendance or verbally, after viewing on remote monitoring system
- Carry out routine maintenance on all mechanical and electrical equipment and record
- When required integrate with site commission team
- Foster and maintain close client relationships, promptly and satisfactorily resolve any issues arising, and escalate if necessary.
- Able to react and implement daily communications from Service Manager
Knowledge and Requirements:
Expected/Minimum (these are pre-requisites):
- 3+ years biogas/ wastewater/chemical/oil and gas industry experience, in a dedicated M&E service/maintenance.
- Full UK driving licence
- Relevant level 3 Qualification minimum in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Be of a competent standard within the Mech engineering discipline
- Must be a proactive ‘self-starter’ able to act on own initiative with minimum supervision and ii) able to integrate into a team delivery ethos and have a definite ‘can do’ attitude iii) able to receive and implement instructions and deliver a ‘Right First Time’ target
- Excellent understanding of SSOW including RAMS
- PC literate: able to communicate effectively by email and effectively use standard MS Office applications
- Ability to manage site commissioning records in an ordered and structured manner to enhance the project
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
Good to Have:
- Specific biogas/AD experience
- M&E/process plant service/maintenance experience
- Scaffold inspection and/or PASMA
- C&G 18th Edition / Inspection and Testing
- Reports to – Service Manager
- Based on – Site based role
- Liaises with – Service Manager (SerM), Site Manager (SM), Client, Subcontractors, (engineering design), Plant operatives, Third Parties, Commissioning Manager / other Anaergia SMs/PMs
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Service Technician M&E – UK” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com