Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Senior Accountant to join our Global and Growing organization in Carlsbad, California office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven professional to be part of our growing operations in California. Join us!
Responsible for supporting company’s finance and accounting operations, ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all the accounting tasks.
Support the finance and accounting team with internal reporting, budgeting, corporate books, corporate obligations, cashflow management and preparing financial statements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities for Senior Accountant includes –
- Assists with month-end & year-end close and audit requirements as needed
- Performs account reconciliations and maintains trial balances
- Assist with corporate financial reporting, as needed
- Maintains and updates schedule of debts globally (IC & 3P) including associated amortizations schedules and ensuring related interest entries are posted properly & timely
- Prepare annual property tax returns as needed
- Prepare & pay Monthly/Quarterly VAT filling
- Prepare & pay Monthly/Quarterly HST & GST filling
- Prepare & pay Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly California Sales and Use tax returns
- Prepare year-end Form 1099s
- Proactively monitor changes in GAAP & IFRS standards and assess the impact on the Company
- Work closely with Tax firm to provide various tax and corporate reports as needed on a timely basis.
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent qualification)
- Expert understanding of MS Office tools specifically advanced Excel
3+ years of:
- Knowledge and experience in both local GAAP and IFRS Application of new accounting standards preferred (e.g., revenue recognition, leases)
- Extensive accounting experience and ability and desire to get actively involved and roll up your sleeves to get the work done
- Exposure to Canadian and US Tax regulations
- Experience in Project Accounting and in – a Project based business is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/D365 preferred
- Ability to execute and follow-through to produce complete, accurate and timely deliverables
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, think critically and apply consistent standards in work with frequent changes in company requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others at all levels and functions across the Company
- Must have USA work authorization
Regional Financial Controller – USA
Based in Carlsbad, California, USA
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please clink on this link – https://anaergia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24