Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate Business Development Professional to join our Global and Growing organization. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change. Anaergia delivers projects through capital sale and alternative delivery approaches including DB, DBOM and DBOO.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven Professionals to be part of our growing Business Development Team for our East USA region. Join us!
Drive integrated system solutions capital sale in the Eastern US region by managing and executing project development in the solid waste and wastewater sectors from lead to contract execution.
- Work with manufacturer’s Sales Rep to identify new equipment and system solution capital sales leads; manage relationships with Reps, owners, managers, business leads; shepherd lead through contract execution.
- Identify and screen alternative project delivery opportunities including Build-Own-Operate projects and work with internal team to develop projects to financial close or contract execution.
- Manage technical/regulatory/contractual development activities with support from back office technical and financing resources.
- Review and refresh marketing efforts, expand in existing markets, develop new market penetration strategies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and support local manufacturer’s Sales Reps to develop a healthy pipeline of projects in the municipal wastewater sector for Anaergia equipment and solutions.
- Develop relationships with owners, operators, consultants and contractors to facilitate project development and contract execution.
- Manage development of selected build own operate opportunities including permitting, feedstock agreements, offtake agreements, lease agreements through completion and contract execution.
- Obtain approval from boards and municipal decision makers for projects at wastewater treatment facilities and other similar public infrastructure.
- Perform market analysis, screening, and direct dialogue to identify quality prospective opportunities.
- Serve as primary relationship and communication channel with mostly municipal clients.
- Navigate municipal approval processes and develop strategies for approvals.
- Collaborate extensively with engineering, finance, construction and operating partners.
- Actively assist with retention of existing customers and support projects under execution.
- Automate processes where possible and ensure that historical data can be recaptured and utilized for future proposals where appropriate.
- Lead negotiation including preparation of agreements and possible structuring of teaming agreements, cooperation agreements and financing solutions with support from home office.
- Monitor and communicate new products, industry trends, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and lessons learned.
- Develop and monitor business development budget.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required. Engineering or other STEM field preferred.
- 3 to 10 years in industry-related business development, project development, applications engineering, or sales engineering, proven track record and demonstrated aptitude with project development, project finance, municipal contracts management.
- Preferred experience with alternative project delivery and interactions with municipal boards and government agencies, municipal contract negotiation.
- Technical understanding of wastewater, biogas, anaerobic digestion and/or municipal solid waste.
- Excellent negotiating, networking and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge about national regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants;
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Reporting to – Senior VP, Global Sales
- Based in the US (Remote).
- 25-50% Travel included (mostly in Easters US and Canada)
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Business Development Manager – East US” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org