Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Anaergia’s Rialto California Bioenergy Facility will be the largest organics waste diversion facility in North America. The facility converts organic waste streams into renewable electricity, renewable natural gas, and fertilizer products which would otherwise be destined for landfill disposal. The facility will utilize Anaergia’s proprietary organics polishing system, anaerobic digestion, digestate drying, pyrolysis and biogas conditioning to supply renewable natural gas into the pipeline and produce quality fertilizers. The facility utilizes four combined heat and power engines to generate electricity for the site. The Rialto project reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 220,200 metric tons per year. The facility is currently under construction with commissioning and startup planned in 2020.
This role reports to the Rialto Plant Operations Manager. The Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant. The ideal candidate will possess process plant experience, have knowledge of plant instrumentation, analyzers, pumps, compressors, conveyors, and mechanical screws. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess experience in Anaerobic Digestion and water treatment.
Candidates with other like industry experience with similar theory or complexity of these type operations. This may include chemical, oil/gas, utility, or power industry experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the competencies listed below:
Have the ability and capability to read, write, and comprehend procedures, instructions, shift reports, diagrams such as PFD’s and P+ID’s and equipment O+M manuals. Mechanical aptitude with ability to make minor equipment repairs. Understands and uses process principles, heat transfer, combustion principles, compression, Computers (SCADA, PLC, Monitoring, Historical), operate pumps, compressors, valves, heat exchangers and like equipment. Ability to run lab analysis, interpret any needed corrective actions and document results.
Effectively communicate with managers, engineers, craft workers and contract personnel. Able to communicate with City, State and Federal Agencies which may inspect plant; produce clear and concise written documents and records; maintain accurate computer logs.
Anaergia fosters a Safety Policy which fosters a DO IT SAFE philosophy. Anaergia applies strict adherence to plant permit requirements with a focus on protecting the environment. This position requires the ability to observe safety practices, rules and procedures working with process equipment. Ability to look after others and communicate to them when you observe unsafe behaviors. Ability to take a proactive approach to fostering a safe work environment with a philosophy of “Zero Injuries are Achievable”. Identify, report and correct unsafe working conditions and/or equipment in an efficient and timely manner. Respond quickly to emergency conditions on equipment and ability to learn equipment isolation Lock Out Tag Out procedures. Ability to work at heights and small confined spaces. Ability to Wear Personnel Protective Equipment such as but not limited to Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Goggles, Hearing Protection, Safety Shoes/Boots, Respirators, SCBA, Dust Masks, chemical suits or Electrical Proximity Suits.
Ability to apply reasoning and judgment in diagnosing mechanical faults and troubleshooting process issues. Choose best methods of repair of equipment. Understand record readings and test results accurately and determine actions to be taken for exceptions. Identify important detail equipment operations. Identify areas for improvement and seeks creative solutions; act as an effective troubleshooter.
Basic Knowledge of:
- Safety and Environmental permits, policies, and procedures
- Pump and Compressor Operations and Theory
- Internal Combustion Engine theory
- Electrical Generators, electrical distribution and transfer equipment
- Instrument and transmitter theory
- SCADA and PLC systems
- Emission monitoring systems (CEMs)
- CMMS work order creation
- General safety protocols/procedures, such as lock-out-tag-out and tools, materials, and equipment used in the operating, maintaining, and repairing of all equipment
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent. Two years of progressively responsible experience operating and maintaining industrial plant process equipment.
Physical, Mental, Environmental and Working Conditions
- Mobility to stand, sit, walk, stoop, twist, bend, climb ladders, crawl, balance, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform other strenuous work.
- Must possess vision enough to read standard size text, distinguish colors, and at distances over 20 feet.
- Requires the ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably in person to individuals and groups
- Possess manual dexterity enough to use hands, arms and shoulders repetitively and without limitation to range and motion to operate a keyboard, tools, and specialized equipment.
- May be required to drive work vehicles.
- Must be clean shaven when required to wear respiratory protection equipment
- Environmental and Working Conditions
- Positions are assigned to the Rialto Plant with work that involves exposure to industrial machinery, biohazardous materials and chemicals, toxic chemicals and other contagious environments.
- May work in Confined spaces.
- May be subjected to moving mechanical parts or vehicles, electrical currents, fumes, gases, oils, and intense noise levels.
- This position involves working outside in typical outside weather conditions including hot, cold and inclement weather conditions.
- Requires the use and wear of safety equipment, including safety glasses and footwear, hard hats and face shields, protective clothing and gloves, respirator, SCBA, safety harness, and hearing protection. May be required to work any shifts as this is 24/7 operation, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to work overtime to cover relief.
To apply for this position, indicate: “Plant Operator” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org