We are searching for a motivated and talented facility manager to maintain wastewater treatment operations by managing staff, completing analyses and treatments and complying with regulations. This role will be based out of our facility in North York, Ontario.
Responsibilities/ Job Description:
- Maintains wastewater treatment staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes treatment operational requirements by scheduling and coordinating daily discharge of effluent within prescribed department of energy limits; operating equipment.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures. Documents operating conditions by completing daily records and periodic reports to comply with department of energy requirements.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences or related discipline
- 10+ years of supervisory experience in a wastewater treatment facility.
- Knowledge of Siemens Automation platform.
English fluency required
North York, Ontario, Canada
71.28 CAD/hour, 2-year Full-time Contract
Group benefits (i.e. Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, Extended Health Care and Dental Care
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (3% of regular salary for the first 3 year, then 4% after)
Anaergia Company Overview
Anaergia sees waste not as a problem but as an opportunity to recover value — in the forms of renewable energy, high quality fertilizer and recyclables. Anaergia provides complete, integrated solutions for municipal solid waste management, wastewater treatment operations and large-scale farming and food production operations. With a history of delivering innovative projects, Anaergia is uniquely positioned to provide unmatched solutions to the most pressing resource recovery challenges using an innovative portfolio of proven technologies and project delivery methods.
Vision: World Leader in solving waste problems by recovering energy, water, and fertilizer.
Mission: Anaergia’s mission is to convert waste into useful resources, protect the environment, and sustain life for generations to come.
Approach: We accomplish our mission by deploying innovative technologies and building facilities that convert waste streams (wastewater, solid waste, and Agri/food waste) into renewable energy, clean water, high quality fertilizer and recyclables.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Wastewater Treatment Facility Manager’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com