Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for passionate and driven Site Manager to join our Global and Growing organization in our Sterksel site in Netherlands. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity to be a part of our growing operations in Sterksel, Netherlands. Join us!
The site manager will oversee all daily operations of the site from sampling, chemical analysis, goods receiving, goods handling and waste processing ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They will develop procedures, processes and staff to maximize safety, stewardship, productivity and housekeeping.
The Site Manger will be based at the Anaergia Sterksel site and report directly to the Anaergia Operations Manager. It is expected that the Site Manager will be of sufficient caliber to take full ownership of the site and lead by example.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Site manager‘s tasks includes:
- Plan, organize, direct and run day to day operations to satisfy waste handling needs
- Increase equipment uptime, capacity and flexibility through careful organization of resources, labour and preventative maintenance planning
- Be responsible for site safety ensuring all SOP and RAMS are adhered to and Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce best results
- Monitor plant operation and performance and identify and implement corrective actions
- Oversee data acquisition and handling to satisfy local statutory and environmental regs and obligations
- Deputize for the plant administrator in their regulatory duties in periods of scheduled and unscheduled absence.
- Identify training needs in reports and arrange suitable training.
- Develop SOPs and RAMs to ensure the effective running of the plant.
- Co-ordinate with the maintenance personnel and operators to effectively schedule maintenance to optimize plant uptime.
- Develop systems and procedures that track and optimize productivity and standards. Develop KPIs to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Address employee issues and grievances and influence and learn from below. Provide leadership by leading from example.
Overall, manage the successful delivery of the site particularly in the following aspects:
- Safety: Ensure all SOPs and RAMs are adhered to. Ensure the safe operation of the plant and safe activity of personnel. Report any unsafe events and put in place preventative action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Team: Lead and manage team through including setting priorities, team and individual motivation, conflict management, arranging training and coordinating personnel-changes as needed for different phases.
- Schedule: Develop a plant schedule that meets the requirements of the customer contract and plant performance. Manage the plant to meet this schedule, regularly updating and modifying it as required.
- Subcontractors & Suppliers: Manage the performance of Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure they meet the standards required by the site. Coordinate the purchasing process. Intervene directly as needed to ensure compliance.
- Financial: Manage site-level finances using standard Anaergia procedures. Control costs within defined budget, oversee/approve supplier payments and manage customer payment process.
- Internal Reporting: Produce and issue internal weekly and monthly reports to highlight variances in safety, personnel costs, performance and maintenance costs. Identify areas of risk
- Communication: Ensure effective communication within the project team and clear responsibilities for communication with external stakeholders.
- Ancillary Tasks: Perform special projects and ancillary tasks which essentially belong to the field of operation of the site on the instructions of supervisors.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years experience with waste/recovery equipment/machinery, or demonstrated advanced experience as a plant manager in industrial process plants
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Adequate knowledge of business management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Familiarity with waste handling and preparation, water processes, anaerobic digestion, bio-gas generation and handling.
- Maintain and develop SOPs and RAMS. Promote a safety culture on site.
- Capable of using and interrogating PLC and SCADA systems to ensure safe and optimal operation of plant and best use of resources.
- Ability to generate reports in both Excel and Word formats.
- Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Based in Sterksel site, Netherlands
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Site Manager – Sterksel” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org