Acting as a key member of the Project Engineering Team, part of the Execution, the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of the engineering documents of the assigned projects by coordinating the specific functions of the engineering team. The Senior Project Engineer shall take responsibility in evaluating and negotiating the engineering budget with the Project Manager and stay within the schedule and the budget during the project development. The successful candidate will prepare and track the list of the deliverables, will assign specific tasks to internal and external resources and will manage the progress of the design.of Waste mechanical sorting, anaerobic digestion and renewable energy projects. Functionally reporting to the Project Engineering Leader.
Consistently coordinate the assigned engineering team to complete the overall project’s design in compliance with the project schedule and within the budget; observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information.
The Senior Project Engineer’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Guarantee the delivery of the engineering documents package within the schedule and budget agreed with the PM;
- Coordinate the functions of the engineering team distributing the tasks and tracking the progress with attention to keep the team interacting and motivated;
- Ensure the application of highest safety standards and reduce the project impacts to the environment by organizing overall design review of the assigned projects;
- Meet / improve the project schedule;
- Meet / improve the quality standards;
- Identify and submit possibly “cost-effective” improvements in the design.
Tasks, Authority and Liability
The Senior Project Engineer tasks include:
- Collect from the Project contract and the Project Manager all the information needed to organize the project team and assign specific tasks for the design of the project;
- Prepare the project document list, assign tasks to both internal and external resources;
- Plan and coordinate the engineering activities for all assigned projects and monitor the activities progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list;
- Review the deliverables prepared by the specific functions and ensure the quality standards, the correctness and the consistency of the documents to be transmitted to both clients and contractors;
- Organize design reviews, risk assessments and coordination meetings as needed by the specific design;
- Join the FAT and the SAT of the plant, sustaining Commissioning Engineer and the Project Manager about engineering topics, also by assigning tasks to the functions part of the engineering team;
- Precisely record costs and hours spent in the engineering activities so to guarantee each project budget assigned;
- Record the NC relieved during the realization of the projects and share as per dedicated procedure.
The availability to travel for attending and/or leading meetings with the client and contractor, assisting FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), Commissioning and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) is of the essence.
Safety and Quality related responsibilities
Compliance to safety is priority one for ANAERGIA!
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the rigorous application of the company rules and standards about the engineering activities, for the accuracy of the information provided and for the compliance with the contract requirements and specification for each project.
During the entire design activity, the Senior Project Engineer shall assess all aspects related to health risks and safety through all phases of the project (design, construction, operation, maintenance and dismantling) and take actions to eliminate, mitigate and advise all involved figures about the remaining risk.
He has matured experience for at least 5 years as Project Engineer in the Industrial Plants business.
The Senior Project Engineer has the following technical skillsets:
- Deep knowledge of specific areas of engineering (mechanical, electrical, control);
- Overall knowledge of the Industrial Plants technology about mechanical design, equipment selection, Instrument and Control design and electrical design;
- Knowledge about national and international regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants;
- Capability in analyzing, understand and applying the terms of contract for the plants;
- Mother language for specific country of employment;
- Fluent in English.
To execute his job with the “right sense of priority” the Senior Project Engineer shall understand how his activity affects other functions as well as other functions can influence either positively or negatively, the achievement of his goals. His cross-functional competences have therefore to include at least:
- Ability to quickly adapt to the context in which he is immersed, paying attention to the main aspects of the “company mechanism” and specifically understanding how the design solutions adopted can influence the management of orders both in economic terms and in the time frame;
- Ability to relate with colleagues and understand the main aspects of their duties, acquiring useful information and advices to improve personal growth and consequently the quality of the work;
- Good ability in organizing the work, considering the priorities of the orders and the deadlines dictated by the contractual obligations and the time schedule;
- Ability to analyze and solve eventual problems in the field, even remotely, related to the control software.
They fall into cross-functional, welcome but not essential skills:
- Anaerobic Digestion & Waste Treatment specific competences;
- Experience in team coordination
Education (minimum required):
Holds a technical diploma or university degree in Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering / Electrotechnical or equivalent.
Anaergia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, multi-tasking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes and the environment.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Senior Project Engineer’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.