Anaergia is a global pioneer in the generation of renewable energy from biogas. Our solutions are based on advanced anaerobic digestion technologies that create value from untapped liquid and solid organic waste streams. Using our proven and diverse portfolio of solutions, we enable municipal, industrial and agricultural customers to produce and convert biogas to renewable electricity or natural gas for facility operations, vehicle fleet fuel or power grid feed. By combining our innovative technologies, unparalleled experience and comprehensive services, Anaergia creates long-term client relationships that reduce energy costs, minimize waste disposal costs and generate new revenue sources. A fully integrated offering ensures that our renewable biogas solutions perform at the highest levels to create sustainable value for our clients.
As a key member of the Engineering Team, the Senior Application Engineer will have broad project development engineering responsibilities including the co-ordination of proposal development and cost estimation for complex proposals involving coordination with both internal engineering staff and external engineering and contracting resources, external clients, suppliers and partners as necessary to develop winning proposals. Anaergia’s projects involve different delivery methods, including design-supply of equipment and technology solutions; design-build projects; and design-build-own-operate projects. The successful candidate will participate in active projects with a focus on solid waste handling and processing; anaerobic digestion; wastewater treatment, nutrient recovery and renewable power generation.
Reporting to the Managing Director and the Global Director of Application Engineering, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
- Proposal and project development activities, including
- research availability of incentives in different countries in Asia
- develop and analyze project costs and economics to assess competitiveness and alternatives
- researching availability and quantity of feedstock for specific project/region; and
- maintain up to date information on portfolio of projects under development.
- Lead the preparation of proposals and responses to RFI/RFQ/RFP
- Lead the development of major proposals including editing and organizing the technical, commercial and financial materials supplied by internal and external groups/partners.
- Ensure that proposals and agreements are reviewed for technical, commercial and legal acceptance and that all applicable internal approvals are obtained prior to submission/release.
- Develop ways to improve proposal cycle time and overall effectiveness of proposal generation at the same time improving the proposal quality.
- Perform Project Engineering tasks for full scale and demonstration facilities as required
- Lead design reviews with clients and vendors with ability to understand and clearly communicate the process design intent.
- Core tasks include mechanical design, equipment selection and engineering calculations, as well as writing/reviewing technical specifications and preparing other multi-discipline deliverables.
- Working with Anaergia’s internal engineers/designers and external consultants to create full mechanical drawing sets (P&IDs, plant layouts and site plants, piping schematics, etc.),
- Liaison with 3rd party engineering firms for electrical, civil and structural design, including review and approval of deliverables.
- Adherence to project schedules (in cooperation with project management team).
- Developing Bills of Materials including the specifying and procuring of equipment.
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, contractors, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors.
- Coordination with equipment supply vendors (both internal and external to Anaergia).
- Coordination with site installation contractors, permitting agencies and other regulatory bodies as needed.
- Site issue resolution during construction, commissioning and operation on site.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the company.
- University degree in mechanical, chemical or environmental engineering or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional work experience in proposals development, process design, project management or project engineering.
- Significant working experience in industrial or municipal projects related to renewable energy, wastewater treatment, and/or solid waste processing.
- Ability to read and prepare engineering drawings and equipment specifications including: PFD’s & P&IDs, mechanical equipment specs, drawings and GAs.
- Results oriented and quick learner with demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles and meeting deadlines
- Analytical mindset with effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional presentation and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with limited direction.
- Team player with proven ability to work with internal and external resources to meet aggressive delivery schedules.
- Strive in a fast-paced, growth oriented organization.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Singapore Permanent Resident or Citizen;
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Senior Application Engineer Singapore’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com