Acting as a key member of the Project Engineering team, the Project Engineer Junior will have broad project responsibility assisting with the daily tasks and functioning of team. The successful candidate will participate in active design projects focused on Waste mechanical sorting, anaerobic digestion and renewable energy. Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
• Design coordination of solid waste, wastewater and renewable energy (bio-methane and cogeneration) related projects.
• Contribute in design reviews with clients and vendors with ability to understand and clearly communicate the process design intent.
• Core tasks include mechanical design,equipment selection, creation of engineering calculations, writing specifications (electrical, controls or structural), and preparation/coordination of other multidiscipline deliverables.
• Working with Anaergia designers and external consultants to create full mechanical drawing sets (P&IDs, plant layouts and site plants, piping schematics, etc.),
• Liaison with 3rd party engineering firms for electrical designs, civil design, structural design and regulatory reviews. Review and approval of deliverables created by these firms.
• Creation and adherence to project schedules (in cooperation with the project management team).
• Bill of materials development including specifying and procuring equipment.
• Maintaining positive relationships with clients, contractors, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors.
• Coordination with equipment supply vendors (both internal and external to Anaergia).
• Coordination with site installation contractors, permitting agencies and other regulatory bodies as needed.
• Site issue resolution during construction, commissioning and operation either from the office or from site. Including review of change requests and other duties as assigned.
• Review and coordination of Air Quality Permits, CEQA, and Interconnection Permits.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or related field.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings including: PFD’s & P&IDs, mechanical arrangement drawings and plot plans, controls schematics, electrical single line diagrams and electrical schematics.
• Must have skills on multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining or improving timelines and budgets
• Demonstrated success in delivering complex projects involving coordination of internal resources, suppliers, subcontractors and clients through the project lifecycle including engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning etc.
• Accomplished communicator.
• Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction.
• Team player with proven ability to drive the execution of projects to aggressive delivery schedules.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
• Demonstrated dedication to safety.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Mother language in Italian and Fluent in English.
• 0 to 5 years of work experience that includes work in area of specialization (core discipline) on industrial or municipal projects related to energy, wastewater treatment, and/or solid waste technologies.
• Possibly experience in the wastewater, waste handling, oil and gas, or power industries.
• Possibly experience with fluid mechanics including high viscosity fluids and gas processing equipment and related processes.
• Possibly experience with construction projects or regulatory approval processes.
• Possibly field experience on site at construction sites.
Must either have a valid Italian passport and be legally authorized to work in Italy. Position will be based in Northern Italy, Milan area. Willingness and ability to travel internationally is required.
Education (minimum required): University degree in mechanical engineering or related field with a proven track record using 3D CAD Design Software.
Anaergia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, multi-tasking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes and the environment.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Project Engineer Junior’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.