Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate, positive, super-driven and motivated Project Engineer I (PE I) to join our Global and Growing organization. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven Project Engineering professionals to be part of our growing operations in California. Join us!
Consistently coordinate the assigned engineering activities to complete the project’s design in compliance with the project schedule and with the budget; observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information.
The PE’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Understand the scope of the work, the contract requirements and the limit of supply
- Coordinate all the Engineering activities to complete the design of the project
- Meet / improve the project schedule; the project budget intended for all engineering activities; the quality standards
- Identify and submit possible “cost-effective” improvements in the design
- Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from PMs and from the sales department
Key Responsibilities Include:
PE I tasks:
- All tasks below for project engineer I are accomplished with direct supervision of a project engineer II or III or other technical lead on project as defined. A Project Engineer I may function as a technical lead on a project under direct supervision of a PE II or III.
- Arrange the general document list agreeing with the PM and in compliance with contract and the external/internal resources availability
- Plan the engineering activities for all assigned projects and monitor the activities progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list
- Agree with the PM to define budget assigned for the Project Engineering activities through the entire life of the project
- Regularly update the PM on the status of the design, and the remaining budget to identify possible risk in advance and plan solutions accordingly
- Provide to PMs the technical specifications and tender documents for the acquisition of the materials expected for each project in accordance with the terms of supply and properly calculated according to the design data.
- Provide technical support to client as needed under the guidance of the PM
- Provide technical review of all third-party design consultants
- Provide technical review of equipment proposals and submittals
- Check all the licensing documents and incorporate permit conditions
- Coordinates regular design review meetings with project team
- Create risk assessment for each project to identify risks and their mitigation. Make sure to comply with the local standards required for each specific project
- Organize regular meetings (weekly) to share and update the progress for the engineering activities for all jobs; and point out any problems emerged during the engineering development
- Support of the site manager and subcontractors/vendors regarding specific technical questions on the project design
- Organize regular meetings (bi-weekly) with the appropriate person responsible for each topic in order to submit improvements of technical aspects and building solutions. Involve the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) when necessary
- Update the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) about the status of the project, status of the budget and for any identified issue, which require actions from upper level management
PE is authorized to:
- Have T&L costs in compliance with the function’s budget set by the PM.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Holds a technical diploma or graduation in: Civil Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 6 years as Project Engineer in the Industrial Plant business.
- Understanding of contract specification and identification of supply limits for the design activity of complex mechanical plants
- Basics of Mechanical/Hydraulic design, Electrical Design and Control systems
- Technical understanding of wastewater, biogas, anaerobic digestion and/or municipal solid waste.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge about national regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Based in Carlsbad office.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Project Engineer” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org