POSITION: Project Engineer
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
- Design coordination of solid waste, wastewater, and renewable energy (bio-methane and cogeneration) related projects.
- Lead design reviews with clients and vendors with ability to understand and clearly communicate the process design intent.
- Mechanical design, equipment selection, creation of engineering calculations, writing specifications (electrical, controls or structural), and preparation/coordination of other multidiscipline deliverables.
- Work with company designers and external consultants to create full mechanical drawing sets (piping and instrumentation diagrams, plant layouts and site plants, piping schematics, etc.).
- Liaise with third party engineering firms for electrical designs, civil design, structural design and regulatory reviews.
- Review and approve deliverables created by these firms.
- Master’s degree* in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Two years related experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, Applications Engineer or related occupation.
- Two years’ experience is required and must include: Managing and executing projects for gas processing or bio-gas applications; designing of custom industrial equipment and processes as required for successful project execution including conceptual design, heat & material balance calculations, control logic, equipment sizing and specifications; generating P&IDs, PDF, costing, and technical specifications; and sizing and specifying equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and reactors.
*In lieu of a Master’s degree and 2 years’ experience the employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience.
To apply for this position, indicate “Project Engineer” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electric format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com