Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate and driven Project Designer professional to join our Global and Growing organization in California Carlsbad office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven professional to be part of our growing operations in California, USA. Join us!
Consistently manage the assigned construction activities in order to prepare all job’s documents in complying with the job’s schedule and observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information
The PD II’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Meet / improve the job’s schedule;
- Meet / improve the quality standards with respect to an accurate design, minimizing/ avoiding design mistakes;
- Meet / improve the job’s budget intended for all construction activities;
- Identify and submit possibly “cost-effective” improvements in the design;
- Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from PEs and from the sales department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
PD II tasks:
Note: Project Designer II will be responsible for the tasks below with oversight on critical design items from project designer III, direct supervisor, or other technical lead assigned to the project. Project Designer II should be able to complete all tasks below without direct guidance.
- Plan the design activities for all assigned jobs and monitor the activities progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list;
- Complete technical development of the project within the agreed deadlines and with all required documents in accordance with the document list and construction standards
- Complete drafting and design of the project in all project phases (approval, basic engineering, detail engineering), preparation of constructive solutions in agreement with the Project Engineer (PE), internal design engineers, and 3rd party consultants.
- Preparation all the drawings for the engineering team
- Preparation of drawings for plant and pipeline construction (If applicable)
- Creation of plans for earthing/civil site and concrete work, including all design details (If applicable)
- Creation of plans for the electrical installation (cable trays, grounding plans, etc.) (If applicable)
- Create BOMs based on the design drawings
- Adherence to the project budget by means of efficient work planning and proper execution of the project as specified in the sales documents
- Identifying potential savings and supplement measurements within the project for submission to the PM
- Support of PE regarding product specifications, technical specifications and tender documents
- Preparation of as-built drawings to transfer to the PE
- Standardization of construction details
- Regular update of the CAD database
- Support sales preparing drawings for proposal
- Estimate its own activity to have a proper budget
- Check if design aligns with the instructions (installation and maintenance space) of the vendor
- Detecting/ determining and implementing savings within the project in coordination with the PE
- Check of the licensing/environmental documents and incorporate all permit conditions on design drawings
- Regular attendance on project meetings with the project team (and ext. professional planners)
- Special and Ancillary tasks which essentially belong to the field of activity on the instructions of superiors
- PD is authorized to:
- Have T&L costs in compliance with the function’s budget set by the PM
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Preferably holds a technical degree or certificate in drafting or engineering.
- 5 to 15 years’ experience in design for the Industrial projects
- Have basic knowledge of “project management” and how the adopted solutions affect the project budget and schedule;
- Have a good understanding of engineering process and technical design;
- Biogas and/or Solid Waste specific competences
- The PD has the following technical skillsets:
- Understands P&IDs;
- Design of plants and hydraulic systems;
- Knowledge of relevant code requirements for design of biogas plants, solid waste facilities and construction;
- Experience in managing relationship with all resources involved in the job’s documents production;
- Competency in CAD software of local office
- Experience in 3D design and drafting techniques
- Mother tongue level in local language;
- Fluent in English.
The Project Designer reports to the Manager, Project Engineering (Manager/PE) or Regional Director, Project Execution regarding the company’s organization chart but he reports operationally to the Project Managers (PM) regarding the project’s organization chart.
Based in Carlsbad, California, USA
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Project Designer II (PD II)” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com