Anaergia is a global pioneer in the generation of renewable energy from biogas. Our solutions are based on advanced anaerobic digestion technologies that create value from untapped liquid and solid organic waste streams. Using our proven and diverse portfolio of solutions, we enable municipal, industrial and agricultural customers to produce and convert biogas to renewable electricity or natural gas for facility operations, vehicle fleet fuel or power grid feed. By combining our innovative technologies, unparalleled experience and comprehensive services, Anaergia creates long-term client relationships that reduce energy costs, minimize waste disposal costs and generate new revenue sources. A fully integrated offering ensures that our renewable biogas solutions perform at the highest levels to create sustainable value for our clients.
As a key member of the Research & Development team, the Product Development Engineer will transform design concepts into manufacturable products that target the solid waste, wastewater and renewable energy industry. You will be involved from design concept to final product manufacturing and including subsequent value engineering of products. Reporting to the Global Director of Technology Development and Product Management, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
- Work with product managers and process researchers to develop 3D models and detailed manufacturing drawings for new technologies.
- Apply engineering principles to determine equipment weights, dimensions, structural requirements and capacities while being considerate of equipment cost and manufacturability.
- Specify equipment components and materials of production based on sound engineering decisions.
- Generate the Bill of Materials (BOM) and prepare product costing for first generation product development.
- Clearly communicate product manufacturing details to a variety of stakeholders including external suppliers and the internal purchasing, manufacturing and project execution teams.
- Work with commissioning and operations teams to resolve equipment issues and make recommendations for product improvements.
- Lead or work closely with process researchers to conduct laboratory bench tests that result in product improvements, new product designs or generally improved product performance.
- Lead annual product reviews and value engineering to ensure cost competitive market positioning of core Anaergia technologies.
- Write equipment specification sheets and specify the limits of the performance guarantee for systems and equipment.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience in fabrication and 3D modeling.
- Proficient in 3D CAD design software either SOLIDWORKS or Solid Edge or equivalent.
- Ability to perform Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamic modeling on complex structures and systems.
- Design and understanding of hydraulic systems and their related control systems.
- Understanding of automation systems, control engineering and PLC integration an asset.
- A fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics and the ability to simplify complex problems into numerical solutions.
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in an area of specialization in equipment design in a related industry (wastewater, solid waste, renewable energy).
- Registered professional engineering designation or the ability to achieve the designation in Ontario.
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining timelines and budgets.
- Accomplished communicator.
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction.
- Team player with proven ability to drive research programs to conclusion without sacrificing analytical results.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Demonstrated dedication to safety.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Must either have a valid Canadian passport and be legally authorized to work in Canada. Position will be based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Willingness and ability to travel internationally is required.
Education (minimum required): University degree in mechanical engineering or related field with a proven track record using 3D CAD Design Software.
Anaergia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, multi-tasking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes and the environment.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Product Development Engineer’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com.