Anaergia is a global pioneer in the generation of renewable energy from biogas. Our solutions are based on advanced anaerobic digestion technologies that create value from untapped liquid and solid organic waste streams. Using our proven and diverse portfolio of solutions, we enable municipal, industrial and agricultural customers to produce and convert biogas to renewable electricity or natural gas for facility operations, vehicle fleet fuel or power grid feed. By combining our innovative technologies, unparalleled experience and comprehensive services, Anaergia creates long-term client relationships that reduce energy costs, minimize waste disposal costs and generate new revenue sources. A fully integrated offering ensures that our renewable biogas solutions perform at the highest levels to create sustainable value for our clients.
Acting as a key member of the Project Operations Team, the Operator-Renewable Energy will work as the operator at a renewable energy facility in San Diego County. The successful candidate will be the primary operator for a cogeneration plant located at a wastewater treatment facility. Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
- Perform all daily checks of operating equipment
- Ensure compliance with all operating permits and authorizations
- Manage inventory
- Produce regular reports of operations and plant performance
- Perform Operator Level Preventative Maintenance using the applicable Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Maintenance operations normally assigned to operator include the following:
- Performance of PMCS.
- Inspections per Manuals and condition-based maintenance indicators or instrumentation.
- Lubrication, cleaning (including corrective actions to repair corrosive damage), preserving (including spot painting), tightening, replacement, and minor adjustments.
- Preliminary diagnosis and fault determination.
- Replacement of spares and consumables (unserviceable parts, modules, and assemblies).
- The Operator will be assigned to a primary location, travel to other project sites may be require and may include overnight travel
- Experience with operations of gas treatment and cogeneration equipment.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings including: Process flow diagrams & P&IDs, mechanical arrangement drawings and plot plans, controls schematics, electrical single line diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining timelines and budgets
- Accomplished communicator.
- Self-starter; able to work as primary operator with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in MS Office Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated dedication to safety.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Operator’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to