Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Anaergia’s Rialto California Bioenergy Facility is the largest organics waste diversion facility in North America. The facility converts organic waste streams into renewable electricity, renewable natural gas, and fertilizer products which would otherwise be destined for landfill disposal. The facility will utilize Anaergia’s proprietay organics polishing system, anaerobic digestion, digestate drying, pyrolysis and biogas conditioning to supply renewable natural gas into the pipeline and also create quality fertilizers. The facility utilizes four combined heat and power engines to generate electricity for the site. The Rialto project reduces green house gas emissions by 220,200 metric tons per year. The facility is currently in construction with commissioning and startup planned in 2019.
This role reports to the Facility Manager at Rialto. The Maintenance Manager has responsibility managing aspects of the site including safety, environmental, financial, HR, administration, legal, engineering, operations, maintenance, and project management. The Maintenance Manager will lead, manage and coach a team of maintenance and plant support employees at the site. The Maintenance Manager under the direction of the Facility Manager has responsibility for establishing and maintaining world class safety and environmental standards for the site while driving a strong culture of operational and maintenance discipline. The Maintenance Manager has responsibility to support the Facility Manager to meet financial, operational, and performance goals for the facility and manage contractual matters for the site. The Maintenance Manager will review, develop and implement procedures that improve maintenance and equipment efficiencies and increase revenues by using “Best Practices” while maintaining a high safety standard and compliance with all regulatory requirements. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible to develop and deploy lean, efficient maintenance, production and executing strategy through operational excellence, quality improvement, best practice implementation, enhanced equipment reliability, repair and maintenance practices, business process consulting, supply chain development and alignment of the production line, to meet new product quality and developments.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in business or technical field.
Eight Years of progressive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Experience: Possesses a Minimum of 5 years of Maintenance Management (Administration, Maintenance, and Engineering) experience of similar facilities including Anaerobic Digestion, Wastewater Treatment, Industrial Processes, Solid Waste and/or Power Production.
The Maintenance Manager has the following skillsets:
- Ability to motivate, engage and manage a team to achieve goals including safety, environmental, financial and production
- Ability to maintain and promote safe work site for employees, contractors, vendors and visitors
- Ability to operate facility in compliance with all safety and environmental regulations and permits
- Ability to support Facility Manager with all contractual agreements with utilities, suppliers, customers and contractors
- Skilled in understanding technical drawings, documents, specifications
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for the facility
- Ability to develop, implement and deploy maintenance practices that ensure optimal facility availability and reliability
- Experienced training and coaching employees
- Soild Waste / Wastewater / Biogas / Power Generation/ Industrial specific competences
- Hands-on, “roll-up sleeves” management style
- Excellent interpersonal communication and cross-functional team management skills
- Ability to coordinate staff and contractor efforts to solve problems and optimize plant operation
- Strong analytical, decision-making and initiative capabilities
- Ability to develop and implement best practices and work instructions utilizing vendor manuals, instructions and industry knowledge
- Ability to analyze data and write reports
- Ability to implement budgets and long-term plans
- Ability to administer company policies and procedures and maintain a strong culture of operational discipline
- Participate in public forums to support business development and community education
- Fluent in English
- Safety – Develop and maintain a world class culture of safety to be adhered to by all employees and contractors at the site.
- Compliance – Maintain an immaculate compliance record with all regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Championing company’s policy frame work – Support the development of the Company’s Vision Statement and the Company’s strategy defining the Standards and code to be practiced, providing resources and implementing HR practices, site security and monitoring, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Work Instruction (WI) around operations, maintenance, production, accounting, safety, environmental monitoring and reporting, documentation, and record keeping; Establish and implement facility policies, goals, objectives and procedures that are in line with the Company’s Vision Statement and Strategy conferring with other management team members as appropriate.
- Budget and Revenue – Meet the Facility annual financial and commercial targets as set by the Managing Director. Meet the annual expected availability and profitability of the assets. Support reporting on monthly P&L and optimize profitability through operational and maintenance efficiencies and revenue enhancements that will result from market conditions.
- Leadership – Abide by all internally established control systems and authorities; Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its safety and health and environmental policies.
- Human Resources – Implement performance incentive plan, keep high employee engagement and morale, minimize staff turnover, establish accountability expectations, develop leaders, support effective recruiting and staffing.
- Reporting – Effective reporting to help the Facility Manager, Managing Director and VP of Plant Operations draw conclusions, make inferences, and elicit crucial decisions.
- Planning and Procedures – Develop sound planning, roles and responsibilities, procedures and transparency in maintenance throughout the organization.
- Safety – Deploy resources to ensure the safety and health of the workers and others who may be affected by activities at the facility, ensure compliance to Company’s Health and Safety program and fulfilling all legal, safety and health requirements.
- Environmental – Coordination with Regulator and other government and non-government agencies and community stakeholders regarding environmental compliance.
- Communication – Communicate effectively with employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public. This communication shall include development, implementation and utilization of a computerized maintenance management system and use of best practices. Utilize interpersonal savvy to rally internal and external resources to meet long-term goals, encourage coordination and cooperation throughout the organization.
- Human Resources – Support Facility Manager’s HR duties including, recruiting and hiring of new staff, mitigation, and terminations; evaluate employee performance and motivate to achieve peak productivity; minimize absenteeism and overtime payments, maintain and update the O&M organizational structure.
- Report – Provide support to the Facility Manager to ensure that the ERP system is kept up-to-date to track budget variance, inventory, sales report, monthly budget and cash flow forecast, safety and environmental compliance, departmental and individual long term and short-term targets; Schedule coordination meetings to ensure progress, analysis and corrective actions are documented and tracked; Complete month end, quarterly and yearly reports and results for the facility.
- Construction – Provide feedback for the Company’s Contractor’s activities for new facility construction. Identify the strategic spare parts required for the new facility and arrange for their procurement, develop, review and approve the receipt of acceptable O&M manuals, provide input to add defects to the construction punch list, identification and rectification of defects during the guarantee period, issuance of final complete and performance certificate, manage operations staff during commissioning and takeover from EPC Contractor, etc.
- Budget, Finance and Cash-management – Control all maintenance and contractor expenditures; Ensure optimal maintenances of all assets; Control finances to ensure funds for long- and short-term commitments, make confident financial decisions to meet business objectives.
- Other – Undertake work as assigned from time to time by the Facility Manager.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Maintenance Manager’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org