Anaergia is a global technology leader in the recovery of value from organic waste streams. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technology solutions and alternative project delivery methods, Anaergia recovers value from waste, including renewable energy, nutrients/fertilizer, clean water and recyclable products across the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors. Anaergia’s headquarters are in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and it offers regional services through offices located in Europe, North America and Asia. Anaergia’s core technologies are in use at over 1,600 biogas anaerobic digestion plants worldwide.
Acting as a key member of the Project Management team, the Project Engineer will have broad project responsibility assisting with the daily tasks and functioning of team. The successful candidate will participate in active design projects focused on anaerobic digestion and renewable energy. Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design and project coordination tasks for solid waste, wastewater and renewable energy (bio-methane and cogeneration) related projects
• Participate in design reviews with clients and vendors with ability to understand and clearly communicate the process design intent
• Core tasks include mechanical design, evaluation of vendor proposals, engineering calculations, writing specifications (electrical, controls or structural), and preparation/coordination of other multidiscipline deliverables
• Working with Anaergia designers and external consultants to create and check full mechanical drawing sets (P&IDs, plant layouts and site plants, piping schematics, etc.)
• Liaison with 3rd party engineering firms for electrical designs, civil design, structural design and regulatory reviews. Review and approval of deliverables created by these firms
• Creation and adherence to project schedules (in cooperation with the project management team)
• Bill of materials development including specifying technical aspects for the procurement of equipment
• Evaluate claims for scope and schedule changes from contractors, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors
• Coordination with equipment supply vendors (both internal and external to Anaergia)
• Coordination with site installation contractors, permitting agencies and other regulatory bodies as needed. This may require multi-day trips to site
• Site issue resolution during construction, commissioning and operation either from the office or from site. Including review of change requests and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or related field
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings including: PFD’s & P&IDs, mechanical arrangement drawings and plot plans, controls schematics, electrical single line diagrams and electrical schematics
• Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining timelines and budgets
• Accomplished communicator
• Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction
• Team player with proven ability to drive the execution of projects to aggressive delivery schedules
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
• Demonstrated dedication to safety
• Effective problem-solving skills
• 1 – 3 years of work experience that includes work on industrial or municipal projects related to energy, wastewater treatment, and/or solid waste technologies
• If possible, experience with construction projects or regulatory approval processes
• If possible, field experience on site at construction sites
Must either have a valid Canadian passport and be legally authorized to work in Canada. Position will be based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Willingness and ability to travel internationally is required.
EDUCATION (minimum required): University degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
Anaergia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, multi-tasking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes and the environment.
To apply for this position, indicate: ‘Junior Project Engineer’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com.