Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for passionate and driven HR professionals to join our Global and Growing organization in Canada Burlington office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven HR Professionals to be part of our growing operations in Canada. Join us!
This role will effectively deliver human resource programs and services that will support the organization in retaining key talent. This role will be responsible for payroll and benefits administration, employee relations, HR analytics and reporting, policies and processes, wage and hour matters, performance management facilitation and special projects.
- Successfully administer, document, communicate, enforce, and audit existing HR functions and policies: including payroll, benefits, on-boarding/off-boarding, recruitment and projects.
- Overlap on various Accounting and Office administration duties and functions in our Burlington, Ontario office.
- Improve company culture through engagement, events, and teamwork.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate recruitment, on-board new hires and maintain personnel files
- Coach and advise employees regarding HR benefits, policies, and procedures
- Communicate proactively and work with department managers as needed to resolve employee concerns/issues and identify administrative needs that occur on a routine basis.
- Overlap on office administration duties, which include maintaining common areas, office purchasing, supplies, catering, ad hoc marketing assistance, shipping/mailing, IT coordination and some executive assistance.
- Responsible for the entire spectrum of payroll and benefits administration
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization, both field-based and office-based employees
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Degree in HR or HR-related field preferred; HR certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of HR experience is required
- Working experience gained within Construction, Engineering, Infrastructure OR Energy industries would be preferred.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll platforms and should be able to easily navigate new software as well as train others
- Fundamental understanding and some experience of Accounting Principles and Office Administration would be an asset.
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Meticulous, able to work independently and be a good team player with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work
- Have a valid G Driving License.
- Must have Work Authorization to work in Canada
- Based in Burlington, Ontario Canada
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “HR Associate – Burlington” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org