Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate and driven Automation and Controls Professionals to join our Global and Growing organization in our Burlington Ontario office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven Automation and Controls Professional to be part of our growing operations. Join us!
The Automation and Controls Manager is a strategic role in identifying and implementing automation and control solutions.
The Automation and Controls Manager would be involved in the strategic role of performing in–depth studies and understanding of operation process flow, structure and business model to bring about continuous productivity and efficiency in Automation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Automation and Controls Manager‘s tasks includes:
- Manage and support Applications Engineering team and review proposal preparations.
- Manage and support Project Execution team in detailed engineering activities.
- Standardize global Applications Engineering documentation on the Electrical and Instrumentation Control (E&IC) section.
- Perform gap analysis and risk assessments on current / new systems, define interim and target business solutions.
- Define and govern specifications and standards for procurement and automation processes, methods and technologies, for both software and hardware.
- Effectively manage the automation engineering resources to deliver complex multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Drive productivity and risk management.
- Manage contract resources and ensure compliance with Anaergia quality standards.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to ensure consistency of delivery for Global Projects.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering / Electrical / Instrumentation / Industrial Automation.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Electrical and Instrumentation Control (E&IC)
- Solid experience in PLC/SCADA software
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Experience implementing automation/electrical / IC solutions
- Possess contractual and commercial expertise.
- Able to communicate with resources at global level and capable of managing their expectations
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Open-minded personality and passionate about working with global and multi-cultural teams
- Passionate, highly driven and hard-working, portrays an entrepreneurial spirit, a great team player and gets things done. Has the ability to self-start tasks without dropping the ball waiting for responses from others. Inquisitive, solutions oriented. “Can do” attitude.
- Must have Work Authorization to work in Canada
- Reporting to: Vice President, Global Execution
- Based in Burlington, Ontario Canada
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Automations and Controls Manager – Burlington” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com