Anaergia, a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy and the conversion of waste to resources, is looking for a full time Assistant Controller that can handle taxes, financial reporting, and other related accounting functions.
The company is in the process of globalization, hence the need for more accounting personnel in the team.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Manage all aspects of the accounting and reporting functions for the US and Canada operations.
- Monthly IFRS and US GAAP financial reporting, including preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and other management reports/ad hoc reports.
- Oversee the monthly close, review of journal entries and reconciliations, and preparation of the consolidated financial statements; Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely reporting; Work on continuously improving the speed and quality of monthly close and reporting cycles. Develop a monthly review process to ensure adequate review of all account reconciliations.
- Management of third-party consultants for US and Canada taxes .
- Implement and maintain financial reporting processes and internal controls.
- Responsible for budget and forecasting requirements and variance analysis compared to actuals for US and Canada operations.
- Ensure compliance with loan documents and related covenants.
- Perform other activities and special projects, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in both US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge and experience in US and Canada taxes
- Experience in Financial Reporting and Management Reporting for a publicly traded company
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to global entities and global teams, including foreign currency transactions, multi-company consolidations and inter-company reconciliations a plus
- Previous experience as a hands-on Manager of a construction or similar company, where project costing and POC revenue recognition is critical
- Ability to execute and follow-through to produce complete, accurate and timely deliverables
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Must be able to work independently, think critically and apply consistent standards in work with frequent changes in company requirements
- Must also be proactive and flexible in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Experience with Microsoft D365 preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Previous experience working in a medium size publicly traded company
- CPA and Public Accounting experience preferred
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Pay commensurate to experience
- 100% medical benefits (medical, vision and dental) to employee and immediate family member
- 3% contribution to employee 401K
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5+ years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Carlsbad, CA 92008 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
To apply for this position, indicate ‘Assistant Controller’ in the subject line. Submit your resume by email in electronic format (.pdf only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.