Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a dynamic, driven, diligent and proactive Application Engineering Manager in Italy to join our global and growing organization. Anaergia delivers Integrated Waste Management Solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand Resource Recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. We are a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy and recovering value from waste and are on the front line of solving climate change. Sounds inspiring? It is! Join us!
Key responsibilities Include:
- Develop the conceptual design, budget, offer and business plan that make up the proposals, in compliance with company guidelines but at the same time ensuring “custom-tailored” solutions, therefore optimized for the customer’s characteristics.
- Ensuring the development of optimized technical solutions, which enhance the “characteristics” of the customer maximizing the profitability of the Plant.
- Search for alternative technologies to be included in the plants and/or alternative suppliers of technologies already used, then discuss with the executive department to validate new solutions, new products and new suppliers;
- Helping the customer to understand their needs and Anaergia proposal through the appropriate Agent’s instruction or directly when required by the communication plan agreed with the sales representative.
- Follow the process requests from the under-construction projects together with process engineers in Execution and P&S EMEA manager and GCE supervision
- Supervise the execution activities and following of procedures of all Application Engineering members.
- Coordinate the Application Engineering team, motivate them, follow the growth of each individual and organize and monitor and control their activities.
- To actively promote a process of continuous improvement through the study and research of cost-effective solutions
- Ensure strict application of company procedures within the technical-commercial process followed, the accuracy of the data provided and compliance within Anaergia standards.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Environmental/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
5+ years of experience in Application Engineering within Waste Management/Wastewater/Bioenergy/Food-waste industry:
- Knowledge of the technical / biological process underlying anaerobic digestion;
- Knowledge of technical solutions and company standards;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the technologies used and usable in biogas plants;
- Knowledge of products, suppliers and related costs;
- Use of computers, in particular Excel and Autocad (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of sales strategies that, combined with knowledge of the process and plant engineering, allows to mediate between the requests of salesmen (in some cases not feasible in practical terms or aimed only at cost reduction) and processors (who tend to require complex and flexible, but expensive plants).
- Knowledge of the English language; Knowledge of the Italian language preferred but not mandatory;
- Knowledge of any other language in EU is a preferable option.
How to apply: