Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate Applications Engineer (AE) to join our Global and Growing organization in Singapore office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven Applications Engineers to be part of our growing operations in Singapore. Join us!
The Applications Engineer (AE) represents technical aspects of business development and project definition. AE is responsible for providing full technical support for Business Development/Sales of all Anaergia Projects from the origination phase through contract negotiation and hand over to Anaergia Project Execution Team with all required specifications and budget development. Consistently manage the assigned engineering activities in preparing project documents in compliance with project schedule and observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information
The AE’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Design phase: providing technical support to the Sales managers and do the definition of the plant process technology and equipment in the design of the plant.
- Proposal phase: Cost and price calculation using Anaergia tools and basing design on Anaergia Design Manual recommendations, lessons learned and best practices
- Provide technical documentation and cost data for the Contracts, Sales, and Marketing teams and help negotiate technical issues at customer level.
- Permanent support to Sales during the proposal phase interfacing with client, client engineers, subconsultants, contractors and permitting agencies as required.
- Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from project managers, project Engineers and sales managers.
- Provide integrated view of the project and forge strong links between all internal and external project stakeholders to ensure a consistent and coordinated technical approach for all projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The AE`s tasks includes:
- Provide technical and commercial support and product advice for existing and future product portfolio within the total areas of solid waste treatment, anaerobic digestion, biogas utilization, and wastewater treatment (MBR).
- Develop Front End Engineering Documents (FEED) including Block Flow Diagrams (BFD), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (PID) and general arrangement drawings during bid development as necessary.
- Liaise and develop new Asian vendor database.
- Review and appraise customer specifications and provide summary notes including the specification’s alignment or otherwise with Anaergia’s Products, both current and under development.
- Design systems, including biological processes using existing tools and process blocks in coordination with the Global Process Engineering Team.
- Process customer inquiries and orders; Analyse customer requirements and development of offers in close consultation with the business development team; Obtain, compile and process information about competitors and the market.
- Prepare proposals and price calculation according to the company guidelines and the implemented processes; Request quotations from defined and selected subcontractors and pre-negotiate the received quotes.
- Actively participating in Offer Preparation during the proposal phase to note any deviations; Participate in finding solutions in coordination with internal manufacturing departments and the sales manager.
- Compile all relevant technical documents for the proposal and / or for the contract.
- Support Sales department in request phase for pre-qualifications.
- Record all project relevant documents and costing data on the within the CRM.
- Perform continuous maintenance of costing data base in conjunction with the Global Applications Team.
- Support and coordinate preliminary design activities during project development of Anaergia Build Own Operation Business including site/civil, electrical, mechanical, structural as well as permitting and grant application activities as necessary.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Holds a technical diploma or graduation in: Chemical Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ residential water management / another high technical education or equivalent with a focus on municipal and environmental engineering.
- Experience for at least 2 – 4 years as an Engineer in the Industrial Plant business, preferable in waste treatment, wastewater treatment. Design experience of projects during university education also counted.
- Good understanding of basic processes like wastewater treatment, biogas, anaerobic digestion and/or municipal solid waste (will be preferred).
- Basic understanding of process plants including chemical processes.
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Excellent negotiating, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, highly driven and hard-working, portrays an Entrepreneurial spirit, a great team player and gets things done. Has the ability to self-start tasks without dropping the ball waiting for responses from others. Inquisitive, solutions oriented. “Can do” attitude
- Always reading on new technologies, technically deep and detail oriented.
- Team player, humble. Meets promises internally and to external clients and project stakeholders and participants
- Only Local Singaporeans or PRs preferred
- Based in Singapore Office.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Applications Engineer – SG” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com