Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate Applications Engineer (AE) to join our Global and Growing organization in Canada Burlington Office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia operates globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies and integrated solutions are in use at over a two-thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven Applications Engineer (AE) to be part of our growing operations in Burlington, Canada. Join us!
The Applications Engineer (AE) represents technical aspects of business development and project definition. AE is responsible for providing full technical support for Business Development of all Anaergia Projects from the origination phase through contract negotiation and hand over to Anaergia Project Execution Team with all required specifications and budget development. Consistently manage the assigned engineering activities in preparing project documents in compliance with project schedule and observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information
The AE’s goals can be summarized as follow:
- Design phase: providing technical support to the Sales managers by assessing technical information and prepare process solution and selection of technology and equipment in the process design.
- Proposal phase: Cost and price calculation using Anaergia tools and basing design on Anaergia Design Manual recommendations, lessons learned and best practices
- Provide technical documentation and cost data for the Contracts, Sales, and Marketing teams and help negotiate technical issues at customer level.
- Permanent support to Sales during the proposal phase interfacing with client, client engineers, subconsultants, contractors, teaming partners and permitting agencies as required.
- Quickness and flexibility in responses to urgent questions from project managers, project Engineers and sales managers.
- Provide integrated view of the project and forge strong links between all internal and external project stakeholders to ensure a consistent and coordinated technical approach for all projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The AE`s tasks includes:
- Provide technical and commercial support and product advice for existing and future product portfolio within the areas of solid waste treatment, anaerobic digestion, biogas utilization, nutrient recovery and wastewater treatment (MBR).
- Develop Front End Engineering Documents (FEED) including Block Flow Diagrams (BFD), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (PID) and general arrangement drawings during bid development and project development as necessary.
- Review and appraise customer specifications and provide summary notes including the specification’s alignment or otherwise with Anaergia’s Products, both current and under development.
- Design systems, including biological processes using existing tools and process blocks in coordination with the Global Process Engineering Team.
- Process customer and Manufacturer’s Rep inquiries and orders; Analyze customer requirements and development of offers in close consultation with the business development team; Obtain, compile and process information about competitors and the market.
- Prepare proposals and price calculation according to the company guidelines and the implemented processes; Request quotations from defined and selected subcontractors and vendors, and pre-negotiate the received quotes.
- Actively participating in Offer Preparation during the proposal phase to note any deviations; Participate in finding solutions in coordination with internal manufacturing departments and the sales manager.
- Coordinate with owners, contractors, teaming partners and engineers to establish tie points and division of responsibility during proposal development.
- Compile all relevant technical documents for the proposal and / or for the contract.
- Support Sales department in contract negotiations and contract closure.
- Support Sales department in request phase for pre-qualifications.
- Record all project relevant documents and costing data within the CRM.
- Perform continuous maintenance of costing database in conjunction with the Global Applications Team.
- Support Project Manager and Project Engineer on technical, contractual and pricing questions related to bid development after project hand over.
- Improve existing tools and processes within the department.
- Support and coordinate preliminary design activities during project development of Anaergia Build Own Operation Business including site/civil, electrical, mechanical, structural as well as permitting and grant application activities as necessary.
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Holds a technical diploma or graduation in: Chemical Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ residential water management / another high technical education or equivalent with a focus on municipal and environmental engineering.
- MBA Degree is highly preferred
- Matured experience for at least 2 – 5 years as an Engineer in waste or wastewater treatment or related industry.
- Experienced in Design of plants and process engineering
- Expert understanding of all MS Office tools and ability to adapt to new digital tools
- Deeply understands and is able to manage contracts for supplying complex plants
- Technical understanding of wastewater, biogas, anaerobic digestion and/or municipal solid waste.
- Knowledge about national regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants
- Excellent negotiating, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, highly driven and hard-working, portrays an Entrepreneurial spirit, a great team player and gets things done. Has the ability to self-start tasks without dropping the ball waiting for responses from others. Inquisitive, solutions oriented. “Can do” attitude
- Always reading on new technologies, technically deep and detail oriented.
- Team player, humble. Meets promises internally and to external clients and project stakeholders and participants
- Reporting to: Senior VP – Sales with main interfaces to other departments including Business Development, Global Process Engineering and Regional Project Engineering.
- Based in Burlington Office, Canada.
- Some travel within Canada and Eastern US
How to apply:
To apply for this position, indicate: “Applications Engineer – Burlington” in the subject line. Submit your resume by e-mail in electronic format (.pdf or .doc) to email@example.com