SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – CANADA
Does your profession need a purpose? We are looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Accounting professional to join our Global and Growing organization in Burlington, Canada office. Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer, and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural markets. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients. Our sustainable solutions for the generation of renewable energy while recovering value from waste are on the front line of solving climate change.
If you feel that your personal goals align with our Company’s Mission of making a difference in the world – here is an excellent opportunity for motivated and driven professional to be part of our growing operations in Canada. Join us!
Responsible for supporting company’s finance and accounting operations, ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all the accounting tasks.
Support the finance and accounting team with internal reporting, budgeting, corporate books, corporate obligations, cashflow management and preparing financial statements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities for Senior Accountant includes –
- Develop and implement a streamlined process to support global compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and internal controls, and facilitate the accuracy and timeliness of globally reported financial data
- Develop a monthly close process and timeline for all the regions and implement the process by providing training to all the regional finance personnel
- Coordinate and support the regions to ensure that the monthly reporting packages and necessary disclosure are reported on a timely basis
- Implement a process for regular and timely reporting of all intercompany transactions
- Reconcile all intercompany transactions monthly and ensure all the discrepancies are investigated and corrections are made on a timely basis
- Maintain and update all intercompany loans agreements, intercompany loans reconciliation schedules, interest schedules and ensuring related interest entries are posted properly & timely
- Assist with month-end & year-end close and audit requirements as needed
- Prepare quarterly tax provision schedules
- Assist with corporate financial reporting, as needed.
- Proactively monitor changes in GAAP & IFRS standards and assess the impact on the Company
- Work closely with Tax firm to provide various tax and corporate reports as needed on a timely basis.
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent qualification) and CPA
- Expert understanding of MS Office tools specifically advanced Excel
2+ years of:
- Knowledge and experience in in public accounting, preferably with a Big 4 firm
- Experience with IFRS
- Must bring a process improvement mindset with demonstrated history of automating manual processes
- Extensive accounting experience and ability and desire to get actively involved and roll up your sleeves to get the work done
- Exposure to Canadian and US Tax regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/D365 preferred
- Ability to travel globally when needed
- Ability to execute and follow-through to produce complete, accurate and timely deliverables
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, think critically and apply consistent standards in work with frequent changes in company requirements
- Able- to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others at all levels and functions across the Company
- Must have Canada work authorization
Regional Financial Controller – International
Based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please click on this link – https://anaergia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25